Saturday 18 July 2009

My next painting job?

After I'll come back from the Analytical Chemistry meeting of San Sebastián (see previous post), I will hopefully retake the painting job, after a long time without any incorporation to my Napoleonic armies.
This time, I'll change to metal. I buyed some months ago a bargain pack (Reference number FR19) of
Newline Designs, comprising 100 French Line Infantry in greatcoats.
It is the first time I'll paint Napoleonic infantry in such uniform item, so I'll use as reference the work of Matt in his blog
In The Grand Manner. Matt is a fan of great battallions but he uses 20 mm figures so his experience is very interesting.

The Matt's painting work is several levels above me, as can be seen in the above picture, so don't expect a similar result...
See you the next week! after the San Sebastián trip.

4 comments:

  1. Guess what...I ordered some plastic Napoleonics last night! (Italeri Prussian infantry).

    You will find the Newlines very easy to paint.

    Regards,

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI
    That's good!... Maybe telepathy?
    Best regards
    Rafa

    ReplyDelete
  3. The "Plasics" arrived this morning... Mrs Matt is very impressed with the horses (she knows a lot about these four legged beasties!).

    Matt

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, Italery Prussians are not the best of the Plastic figures: they have somewhat crude sculpting. The (un-available Revell) were better
    Rafa

    ReplyDelete