Thursday, 24 May 2007

Head exchange for the Wurtembergers

For the 1813 Wurtemberg Line Infantry I need 32 HAT 8093 Line Infantry Wurtemberg with their heads changed by the ones from HAT 8027 Napoleonic Austrian Infantry which also wore a simlar double peaked shako.

This time I used an old hobby battery powered drill, re-discovered in a shelf during a cleaning-up, and a 1 mm drill. The rest of the materials, besides the figures, are Loctite (or similar type) glue, a Xacto hobby knife with a new blade and some pins.
After cutting the head from the two figures, I drilled a hole in the body of the Wurtemberger and another into the Austrian's head. I inserted then a pin into the body hole, using a plier to leave it protruding around 4mm.
I put some drops of glue, inserted the head into the protruding pin, clenching the ensemble with the fingers around 10 seconds.
See the results (and many more things!) at my
web site

No comments:

Post a Comment