The above map depicts the gaming table for Pirna with the road leading to Bohemia crossing the battlefield. The the C1 road end is an objective. The units that start on the table are
Russians: Wurttemberg's 2nd Corps and Pahlen III's Cavalry Corps
French: Vandamme's 1st Corps and 21th Light Cavalry brigade
The units not marked as Reinforcements (Russian Yermolov's 5th (Guard) Corps and the French 1st Light Cavalry Division and 1st Brigade (23th Division)) may enter as reinforcements. Use 2D6 for the Arrival Turn (p. 91 of e-Lasalle). The units arrive in march or attack column as desired. Each commander arrives with his first unit.
Each brigade arrives separately. Baggage units enter simultaneously in march column formation (they take 10 turns to clear the table).
Arrival point. Infantry A3-A4-A5 (30%/30%/40%); Cavalry A1-A2-A3-A4 (15%/20%/25%/40%); Baggage A5-road
Each brigade arrives separately.
Arrival point. Infantry D1-D2 (40%/60%); Cavalry B1-C1-D1-D2 (10%/20%/30%/40%)
Optional rule for baggage units (As for my suggestion in Lasalle e-book p. 143)
(1) The wagon moves as if it were a foot artillery unit, always limbered.
(2) The wagon neither fires nor can charge the enemy. It has only one formation: limber. It does not block line of sight or fire. It may not be fired upon.
(3) Friendly units may move through it, as they move through a limbered artillery unit.
(4) Any enemy unit - regular or irregular - may charge the wagon, as long as that unit is eligible to charge (it is in a formation that permits it to charge, it is facing the right way, etc.)
(5) In its reaction phase, the wagon may attempt a Fall Back, as if it were a foot artillery limber. It succeeds on a roll of 4+, but if attacked by enemy cavalry, it must re-roll a success, even if within 1BW of friendly infantry.
(6) If it fails to fall back, then the wagon is automatically captured in the ensuing combat. Combat must be “resolved” against it, as if against any other unit, but the resolution consists simply of removing the wagon, advancing the enemy unit(s) that captured it 2BW, and awarding the captured Objective to the enemy.
(7) Any enemy unit that contacted the wagon suffers 1DISR, unless that would break it. (The men are dispersed, plundering the loot). The unit must then take a discipline test. If it fails, it is marked in some way, showing that it is disordered and still plundering.
(8) A unit that is still plundering is considered “Out of Command” for the entirety of its side’s next turn.
Optional rule: Irregular cavalry (Cossacks)
1) Irregular cavalry units may charge enemy units standing in 'limbered' or 'march column' formation in open terrain.
2) Irregular cavalry units must to pass a 'Discipline' test to initiate the charge in open terrain.
3) If routed in 'decisive combat', the irregular cavalry unit is immediately broken.
The Russian aim is to retreat into Bohemia with the two baggage units and the largest possible number of combat units, while the French should try to avoid it. The C1 square is an Objective for the game and the rules of p. 67 and 91 (e-Lasalle) are of application.
Next the gaming table itself!