Sunday 28 October 2007

The battle of Hagelberg. Preliminaries


I have started the re-fight of my version of the battle of Hagelber using divisional Napoleon's Battles (NBd). After laying the terrain and enroling the units (finding incidentally than I have not sufficient Landwher figures for all required battalions and that Line Prussian figures must be used instead) I have played three NBd turns, i.e. approximately one Napoleon's Battles (NB) turn.
I have found the first and expected problem: the artillery is too powerful. In around 30 minutes, the French guns have dispersed two Landwher battalions whereas Russian artillery has routed and expelled a Croatian (pro-French) battalion from a loopholed farm.
The conclusion is obvious: the artillery hitting power must be decreased. In the next turns I'll apply the same rule than for skirmish fire: "a two-losses results is converted to one-loss, and a one-loss result is a miss".
I'll continue the play during the week but until the next long week-end (thursday to sunday) the battle will be not finished. Until then, you can see Girard on the Windmühlberg hill as he's watching (with some apprehension?) the approaching Prussians.

No comments:

Post a Comment